How to Keep Your Kids Healthy

Executing new rubrics and setting better goals is significant particularly when a new year is around the corner. Do not overlook the health of your children as you compile your 2017 to-do-list.

The following things will help you uphold the health of your children in the new year:

Teach them the importance of healthy eating

  1. Drinking enough water

child-drink-water

Our bodies survive primarily on water and that why you should make it a habit for you kids to drink water more often. To help you kids understand the importance of drinking water, make them look at their pee. That way they will be able to know when to take water. Yellow pee essentially depicts dehydration.

  1. Maintain good air circulation

Fresh air boosts your intellectual abilities and sets in a good mood. Opening your windows permits an ample flow of air. Vents, fans and plants are classified among things that can enhance proper air circulation. The former CEO of Healthy Child Healthy World Gigi Lee Chang recommends all these things for the furtherance of good health.

  1. Reduce your kids sugar intake

Healthy child showing his muscles and sitting on a table full of pile of food isolated on white background

According to a report by Dr. Jay Gordon, Sugar binds up antibodies that fight viruses in the immune system. Minimizing your children’s sugar intake will help strengthen their Immune systems. It will prevent you kids from falling sick and improve their health tremendously.

  1. Exercising more regularly

Everyday your kids need to exercise for at least an hour. Exercising is not only good for muscle and bone health but also promotes positive and happy thoughts. Consequently, it presents your kids with more toned bodies and eliminates stress. Regular exercise also edges any unexpected diseases that may arise in future. For children suffering from Obsessive-compulsive disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity or attention deficit disorder ballet or martial arts can help them recuperate their focus or control.

As per Dr. Ratey recommendations, involving them in those two activities will help them benefit in both physical activity for the attention system and concentration. Making you children spend more time on books will not help improve their grades, exercising will!

  1. Healthy eating habits

best-healthy-eating-tips-for-kids

Children need to be guided on how to eat healthy. They must know the benefits of watching what they eat. Habits can be developed; if you start teaching your kids how to eat healthy at a young age, they will stick by those habits even as they grow older. Make them recognise that healthy foods give them dynamism to keep them active during the day and increase their astuteness. Eating healthy is a lifetime lesson that all parents should impart to their children.

  1. Getting enough sleep

Boy sleeping with teddy bear

For boundless metabolism and a jolly mood, sleep is compulsory. It relaxes your kids’ brain and helps them grow. If your children have trouble getting sleep, advise them that sleep is paramount and that it helps them grow healthy. Cara Natterson, a paediatrician stresses that your kids will get themselves to bed if they understand the benefits of sleep.

  1. The 80-20 rule

As a parent, you can only be able to control 80 percent of what your kid eats. The other 20 percent allows the child to experiment in the real world. You cannot control what your child eats when in school or with friends. Some special occasions also demand foods that are considered unhealthy. The author of the best-selling book “The Unhealthy Truth” Robyn O’Brien tells parents that they cannot be able to control what their children eat 100 percent. Do not deny you children the food they prefer, as an alternative you can supplement it with something close to what they like. You can also cut the intake of the unhealthy foods gradually.